120 E Exchange Ave Fort Worth TX
11am to 9pm (Sun & Mon), 11am to 10pm (Tues-Th), 11am to 11pm (Fri & Sat)
Formally Theo's Saddle Sirloin Inn built in the 1920's was a small saloon with a hotel upstairs. The Ward Hotel had 17 rooms and a common restroom, 1 bathroom for use for all rooms to share. Theo Yardanoff was an immigrant from Macedonia, Europe who ran the small saloon, cooked and served food too.
The stockyard workers would bring big bunches of calf fries for Theo to cook for them. Whatever he had left over he would run a special on the menu with them. This was not the first place to have eaten calf fries, but it was the first place to have them on the menu. Theo married a polish woman by the name of Josephine. She then began to add more items to the menu including our Kapusta soup.
The large vault you see in the back dining room was the original Credit Union of the Stockyards. After the flood in the 1940's Theo did some remodeling and began to enlarge the place. In the 1960's they met a fellow by the name of Mr. Jelet. Jelet was the prop builder for Disney. He came and designed and built the store fronts that we see today. Riscky’s Steakhouse is known for their Texas size steaks and is the oldest operating restaurant in Tarrant County.